Where: Utah State Capitol Building
Schedule: 4:00 – 4:30pm WALK TO REMEMBER
Lives Lost from Addiction & Mental Illness.
Walk will begin outside on south side of State Capitol Building where people will walk once around the Capitol Grounds and then up the south stairs to enter the Capitol Building Rotunda.
4:45 – 6:00 p.m RALLY FOR RECOVERY – In the Capitol Rotunda
Utahns join together to celebrate Recovery from Addiction and Mental Illness at this annual event during the Utah Legislative session. Our collective voices for Recovery strengthen Families and Communities to address Utah’s most critical public health concerns. We applaud legislators in their efforts to make critical decisions on funding/budget allocations and proposed bills that impact Utahns.
Speakers will address critical issues:
• Raise public awareness for issues impacting Utahns with mental illness and substance use disorders
• Prevention of suicides and opioid epidemic overdoses deaths at critical highs
• Unrestricted access to medications that are critical to recovery
• Substance Use and Mental Health treatment, Recovery Support Services are seriously underfunded
• Funding shortfalls that results in a lack of critical care needed for uninsured Utahns who need immediate access to medical care, substance use and mental health treatment, and recovery support services
• Housing and Good Landlord Amendment bill