At USARA, our volunteers are the foundation of our programs and day to day operations. Since our services are primarily developed and run by volunteers whose lives have been touched by substance use disorders in one way or another, volunteers are vital to our success and mission. USARA volunteers are primarily interested in giving back, enhancing their life skills and connecting with members of the recovery community.
Why Volunteer with USARA?
- Work off community service hours in a healthy, supportive environment;
- Help others in recovery;
- Become empowered in your own recovery;
- Participate in fun events such as Recovery Day and Rally for Recovery;
- Help create and facilitate new ideas for recovery activities;
- Become a leader in the recovery community;
- Volunteer side by side with your peers;
- Gain valuable customer service and office skills;
- Enhance your resume.
- Peer Mentoring
- General Office Support
- Event Planning & Participation
- IT and Web Support
- Public Speaking
- USARA Ambassador
- Newsletter Committee
- Support Groups
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Greetings/Customer Service
If you’re interested in volunteering with USARA, the first step in the process is to attend our Volunteer Orientation held on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM.
If you are unable to attend a Volunteer Orientation, please use our Contact Us page to arrange a time to meet with our Volunteer Coordinator in person.