In today’s world, social media is a powerful tool to offset the sensational and demeaning mass media portrayals of people caught in addiction’s downward spiral. By sharing your story, you share the possibilities of a better life and the empowerment accompanying recovery.
As a statewide peer recovery community organization, we want to publish as many faces and voices on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts as possible. We believe effective messaging can help eliminate shame and secrecy, challenge deeply rooted social stigmas, and facilitate a positive conversation about addiction and recovery in our community. Let’s help each other celebrate the milestones in our lives today!
Use the hashtag #UtahRecoveryCommunity to join the movement.
Share Your Story
- Include how long you have in recovery (can be in general or specific)
- Briefly include where you were at your low point
- Briefly describe what helped you get through
- Add a few points of encouragement. What helpful insight have you gained to share with those who are still struggling?
- What do you do today that helps you maintain a healthier lifestyle?