Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness
Since its founding in 2006, USARA (Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness) has served thousands of individuals recovering from the effects of substance use disorders on the person, families, and the community. Recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, USARA is Utah’s statewide recovery community organization.
USARA is a proud member of the Association of Recovery Community Organizations (ARCO) and has met the national standards of best practices for a recovery community organization (RCO).
An RCO is an independent, non-profit organization led and governed by representatives of local communities of recovery that participates in activities that are available to all community members and are not restricted to individuals enrolled in a specific educational, treatment, or residential program.
- Non-profit Organization
- Led and Governed by the Recovery Community
- Primary Focus is Recovery from Substance Use Disorders
- Participatory Process
- Peer Recovery Support Services
- All Pathways Toward Recovery
- Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Policies, Practices, and Services
- Recovery-Friendly Language
- Code of Ethics and Grievance Policies