Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness
Since its founding in 2006, USARA (Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness) has served thousands of individuals recovering from the effects of substance use disorders on the person, families, and the community. Recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, USARA is Utah’s premier recovery community organization.
USARA connects and inspires communities to advocate for addiction recovery.
We envision a Utah where recovery community and connection are recognized as the most valuable asset for people to recover from addiction
Purpose, Compassion, Innovation, Person-Centered, Fidelity, Opportunity
In addition to this, we strive to:
- Develop leaders that will create opportunities for people in recovery, family members, friends and allies to express their collective voice, learn new skills and responsibilities, and provide a forum for community service.
- Advocate for meaningful representation for people in long-term recovery and family members on issues that affect their lives.
- Assess needs related to the adequacy and quality of local treatment, recovery support services and other health and social services.
- Assess strengths, assets, and resources available in the community to support recovery.
- Educate the public, policy makers and service providers about the prevalence and multiple pathways of addiction recovery.
- Developing recovery resources and recovery events by expanding public support for addiction treatment, recovery support services, and recovery advocacy while cultivating volunteerism with local communities of recovery and events.