If you’re looking to expand your sober network, USARA has got just the thing for you! As a part of USARA’s efforts to provide safe, fun experiences for people in recovery, we have developed a new program:
FUN IN RECOVERY is an all inclusive program designed for people in recovery, their friends, and their families. Best of all, the activities are all free and family oriented (and fun for singles too)!
Each month, we invite you to join us at the USARA building for different activities. Some activities include a movie night, a costume party, and a USARA’s Got Talent show!
2013-2014 EVENT SCHEDULE:
- September Recovery day: Fun In Recovery booth at Recovery day. Come chat with us about upcoming events and spin our recovery wheel for Free Prizes!
- October Costume Party: Ghosts and Goblins and Witches, Oh My! Be prepared for a fun and frightening night, filled with Apple Bobbing, Blindfolded “Guess What’s in the Bowl”, and other spooky games. Bring your scary faces and compete for the Best Costume Award!
- November Movie Night: Join us for a family friendly movie, complete with popcorn, soda’s and candies.
- December Art Night: Express yourself through the arts! We’ll provide everything you need to tell your recovery story. Feel free to take the completed project home with you, or have it hung at USARA’s office for the world to enjoy.
- January USARA’s Got Talent Show: Everyone has a secret (or not so secret) talent! Share it with the world and compete in our first ever talent show. If sharing your talent isn’t for you, come and support others and vote for your favorite.
- February Rally for Recovery: Help us prepare for the annual Rally for Recovery. We’ll be making T-shirts, posters, and banners to support our efforts at breaking the stigma of addiction. We’ll make the banners at USARA’s office and then support the efforts of Rally for Recovery at the State Capitol the following week.