Admin/Operations Assistant (Full-time)
Salary: $16 – $17 per hour, DOE
USARA is Utah’s statewide peer-run Recovery Community Organization (RCO). Our mission is to celebrate, advocate, support and empower individuals at all stages of addiction recovery connecting them to resources, building communities and raising public awareness that recovery is possible.
USARA is seeking a full-time Administrative/Operations Assistant. This position requires strong organizational skills, a high degree of professionalism and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion. A strong working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. This position also requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality while handling sensitive information.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, Accountant, and staff to ensure the success of the entire team.
- Provide clerical support to the Executive Director, Development Director and Accountant (QuickBooks, payroll, donor management, donor stewardship, filing, bank deposits, etc.).
- Research, track and restore accounting documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities. Back-up the receptionist, record and maintain meeting agenda and minutes for various team meetings and/or functions.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and communication of various organization events.
- Draft correspondence, proof-read, and format documents; create/update spreadsheets, and PowerPoint documents.
- Assist maintaining HR files to ensure compliance with mandatory requirements.
- Supports recruiting efforts by coordinating interviews, conduct reference checks, prepare new employee orientation packets and assists with onboarding preparation.
- Two years of personal recovery required
- Proven administrative/operations assistance experience required
- Proven AR/AP and basic accounting practices experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office software, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with QB software desired, but not required.
- BA or AA Degree and/or 5 years of directly related work experience required.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
All employees are expected to be professional, polite, and positive; assume good intent, be respectful, supportive, share expertise, and facilitate team interactions. Behavior is consistent with USARA values and is reflected both inside and outside the organization.