Recovery Advocacy Training
Are you interested in learning how to leverage your experience as a person in recovery to affect change? Come to our Recovery Advocacy Training and learn more about advocacy, messaging, working with elected officials, and making a difference in our community!
Please Note: Due to high demand, we’re moving this event to a larger space to accommodate additional people. We will be in Room S1-950 of the South Building of the Salt Lake County Government Complex at:
2001 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Because the event is happening on a Saturday, you will need to enter through the North Building of the Salt Lake County Government Complex.
- Check in at Protective Services desk located on the 1st floor of the North Building
- Once you have signed in, you will need to take the sky bridge to the south building.
- The sky bridge is located on the 3rd floor (elevators are available).
- Once in the south building, you will need to make your way back down to the 1st floor.
- The conference room is located in the center of the building on the southern end in Room S1-950
1:30 – 3:00 PM
Community Outreach & Empowerment Coordinator, USARA
Overview of the history of the recovery advocacy movement, a deep-dive into recovery messaging & why the language we use matters, and how to share your recovery story in advocacy settings